View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 AM
cobrajet428
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Thanks Guys

Here's a little more data on the car and project. I've had the car since 1986. It went with me to Panama in 1990 while in the Air Force to oust Noriega. Had a great time with it there. After the invation, we used an old air strip and would drag race the locals. Never lost! It was basically a 67 coupe street car with a mild 428cj then. When I got back from Panama I got stationed at Goldsboro NC. There I started modifying it into a street/ strip back half car with an 8 point roll bar, narrowed 9" with 4.56 gears, adjustable coil over shocks, ladder bars and 14X32 tires. Ran 7.50's. I later removed all the interior, glass windows, metal dash and added a fiberglass hood, bumpers and trunk lid (still a coupe). I also built a new 428cj. I installed lexan windows, aluminum interior, one fiberglass seat and repainted the car black again. I have some of those photos if you care to see. I wrecked the car in 2000 at the Ford Expo at Columbus Ohio. Ran 10.60 @ 121 mph. I replaced the front chassis clip and sheet metal from the firewall forward out of a 68 GT, the two left tires and wheels and left rear quarter panel and repainted the car black again!. It took me two years! I raced the car in NC and then in central Fl. till last year that I threw a rod. I decided to build a new engine and re-skin the car with fiberglass parts, add a halo and an Xbar to the cage, window net and a fastback top. That's where I'm at now trying to finish it. The new engine will make approx 680 hp and 640 ftlbs of tq. The wole thing will weig approx 2500 lbs with me and fuel and should run mid 9's. We'll see! George