View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
yes brian it was a fram canister type and yes I have a holley blue pump, the funny thing was, the pump hadnt been on for at least 36hrs. I ordered a inline from summit yesterday, 8an ends that filters 10 microns and it flows 150 gph $65. should work fine, also got a shut off valve and I have my filter at fuel cell before pump. Wife said after fuel spill , Man cant wait untill we build that shop in back yard, maybee I should hope for another leak :lol:

as tom said !!!..i would not bother with a shut of valve..its too easy to forget to turn it ON.....with the right filter you will not have problems like you just had.

just because the pump hasn't been on in 36 hours doesn't mean it wasn't the cause of the fuel filter to fail...when the pump was running it was working the weak points of the filter with the pressure that the filter could not pass thru....there is still some what of a small amount of line pressure from the fuel cell at least to the pump...so all it did was finally let go...

but my opinion is stay away from a manual shut off...just too much to remember at the track etc.....

good luck Mark.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "