Old 08-18-2007, 07:11 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default tell your most scared moment in a CAR. STREET OR STRIP

all of us remember that one time when we thought is was all over...BUT YOU MADE IT...

Mine on the strip was a 130+ mph pass and the hood latch came loose and pin the hood back on my winshield..the car was hard enough to drive by itself..drifting,weaving...and BAM..i could not see anything..didn't know if i was on the other lane or about to hit a gard rail..it was one of those late night passes at a local track ..not so good lighting...this is what you get for having too many people invloved with trying to help you..someone didn't re-latch the hood.

Street experience- i was 21/22 yrs old and owned a 71 corvette sting ray..baby blue with a 454ci....i had a set of BF GOODRICH TIRES on it..

one night (1:00 am or later) me and a buddy was out on the town and had a long stretch of road in front of us..i looked over at him and grinned and gassed it.i saw the MPH hand pass the 135/140mph mark...just before i let off the gas cause a long swooping right hand turn was coming..i heard a BOOM...AND SAW FIBERGLASS FLYING EVERYWHERE..the front left tire was over rated and literally lost the tread in 1 ft long piece's..knocking the front left fender off and half of the driver door..the rim came apart and i was entering a turn at over 90/100 mph at this time..we slide sideways and went airborne clearing several cross-ties and concrete parking barriers before coming to a stop in the side parking lot of the church...after we noticed we were alive we called for a buddy with a roll back to come get us.. we got the vette hauled off just before the deputy sheriff arrived..they got a call of a 'AIRPLANE CRASH'...some local farmer thought we were low flying crashing aircraft as we went past his house...it was reported that the deputy was following the trail of blue fiberglass body parts.for nearly 1/4 mile......

whewwwwwww...ok your turn..there should be some good ones..don't let your 16 yr old kids read this...lol.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "