View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
onefaster
SHOW GUEST

Thanks Gearhead! I am hoping to use some factory calipers to avoid expensive aftermarket parts.

Actually I was hoping to machine the outer diameter on the discs I have to fit some factory calipers. I have a mill, lathe, etc.

I will add some measurements for the people that may come to this post for brake info.
I measured some factory Mustang II rotors. They are 9 5/16" outer diameter, and about .9" thick. The offset is approx. 1.5". the O.D. of the "hat" is about 5.79".

I am aware that I may have Granada rotors.
For conversions using 11 inch Granada discs, with GM calipers, I believe people use pads with a small spacer welded on the back. The GM calipers use an adaptor that costs $110 from Heidts.

Mustang II Disc Brake Conversion Kit From Heidts

These kits use the 11” rotors with a variety of caliper combinations. Kits are available as a bracket kit only or as a complete kit including calipers and rotors.

* GM kit uses ‘73-’76 Chevelle Rotors (4 3/4” BC) & ‘78-’84 Chevelle Calipers.
* Ford kit uses ‘75-’80 Ford Granada Rotors (4 1/2” BC) & ‘78-’84 Chevelle Calipers.
* Billet Caliper Brake Kit uses Wilwood Polished Billet Four Piston Calipers

If any of you have Grenada or Ranger disc conversions, I would appreciate the disc measurements so I can figure out what rotor to use.

I am assuming a Granada caliper is not a bolt-on to a Mustang II. Am I right?