View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:18 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

The Hillborn,kinsler, bug,catchers,ron's toilets,,,all of these injections operate from a by-pass system, barrall valves, ( possibly high speed by pass) main jet and port nozzels...all of this will come into play when tunning your set up.....

the by pass system is opposite of what you think the larger the main jet the leaner the fuel flow.....the barrall valve is normally adjusted with a leakdown tester..example mine was set at 75%...it all depends on your set up..if i were you i would call Hillborn and speak with their PRO and see what he says about your intitial tune up..i would write down his info and get on the phone and call Jim at enderle Injection in California...
once you get them close its nothing but a matter of moving a main jet either up or down (lean/rich)...
but it can be really puzzling from the very start...

this is my experience from injections....once Jim helped me get close with my main jets,nozzles,barrall valve..the tunning was a CINCH...

i would also recommend exhaust gas senors,,on the header primaries,,they have a probe that you drill a 1/4 hole in primary and it band clamps on or you can weld in the Bung type..i used the computech in the past....you WILL need to know what your exhaust gases are at WOT to know how rich or how lean you really are.

good luck.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "