View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
Zip,
I have seen a lot of your opinions here.
Thank you for trying to be helpful for others.
I like your opinions.

Ed
We were typing at the same time, and we both have the same conclusion. Your post entered before mine, but we have both been there and done that, we think a like, NO it's whats the facts are. I've been racing for over 50 yrs. and have tried most everything, some work some donot. At 68 yrs. old i'm still learning, and i read every post that has to do with performance and i have learned from people such as yourself who does it for a living. I am an amatuer compared to some of the engine builders here at RJ and that's why i read all the post, to learn what i don't know. I appreciate every post that i read and learn from a lot of them. I could act like i know everything from racing so long, but i would be lying to myself, because i will never know everything, nor will i ever know all the secrets where some people have pulled extra HP from the same engine that i have built. Funny story, back in 1966 i was at Oswego Dragstrip with my blown 56 t'bird. Chicago land dodge boys, was there to match race farmer Arney Beswick, Beswick had an accident on the way too the track, so the match race was called off . Since i was there they ask me if i would run them. I said no problem, bring them on. I had run 10.22 earlier and they run 10.43, easy clip. (who is the chicago land Dodge boys?) none other than Forconas,Memic and Coil, yep Austin Coil Forces tuner. well unfortunately it started raining at lunch break and we didn't race. I approached Austin Coil and a couple yrs. ago and we talked for a few min.raminising about the old days and he remembered the days.
Just a day in history that i will never forget, and i will never know everything and will never stop learning until the day i die.

Zip.