View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Bottom line is start from scratch. Drain everything, pull bowls off carb, and clean everything then clean everything again!! drain your fuel lines and pump some GOOD gas through 'em until you know all water is gone. Check your fuel by putting some of it in a sealed milk bottle (or better yet a glass jar if you can) for a day or so. Water and fuel will seperate. I know fuel will condensate, I live in Augusta, Ga. nowhere worse than Ga. in the summer, but it should not condensate to the point he's having and it should burn that little bit and not be noticed or only a stumble at the most. However, always drain your tank and put it back in a sealed container until the next race. I treat my fuel like it's radioactive! Very carefull! I want pour it if it's windy because of dust. On race day I put it in 1 gallon jugs and keep it in a cooler. I fill my tank 30- 45 mins before I make a pass. And always keep your tank covered when the sun is out!! You'd be supprised how hot the inside of those little (expecially the black ones) tanks get! Hot fuel and your giving away horse power. :wink: