Thread: HP ????
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

If you want a nasty idle, that cam isn't going to do it. It will lope, be be pretty tame. Plus it will limit the potential of those heads. If you want it to sound nasty, and make good power, something like 258-264 at .050, with 110 lobe sep will make good power. I would guestimate it would make easily 620hp and 575 tq with those heads. I have no dyno data on the Patriot heads yet, I do however, have 2 engines I am working on now, and using those heads. For the money, they aren't bad, they have a pretty nice port, and, they really come around with porting, they are a much nicer head then the Pro-comps, for a budget head. The flow numbers on my bench, un-touched, with a 2.3 intake valve they went 364 at .700, and went turbulent. With porting, not a radical port job, so far, they go 394 at .800. Pretty decent for a port barely 320cc. They were smaller than 320 to start. Thats with Patriots valve job, which can be improved. Once I hone the guides, as a few you can't even get the valves in, and re-cut the seats with the valve job I typicaly use on that type of head, they will easily go over 400.

Frank