Thread: Nitromethane
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Well I was able to try a 100 shot of nitrous on my engine at the end of the racing season and it worked out less than I expected. My engine isn't set up for nitrous but I thought a 100 shot wouldn't hurt. I ran a single nitrous line the length of my tunnel ram at the top and made sure the holes shot directly to each intake port of the head. I never ran another line for extra gas or alcohol. All I did was run a smaller pill to richen up the alcohol to the engine. The first pass I hit the button 300ft out and she pulled smooth until the last 200ft and then it started poping out the exhaust,so I shut it off. For the second pass I richened up the alcohol a little more but the same results but not as hard a pop. So for the third pass I richened up the alcohol even more and the popping stopped. I never fryed anything and the spark plugs still looked perfect. The end results,I ran a 8.13secs at 163mph compared to my previous best of 8.24secs at 157mph without nitrous. Its not a 7 but it is better. The engine isn't set up for nitrous so thats about it for experiencing nitrous on my engine! Maybe I should have added another line for racing fuel and my time would have be better?