View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vega34
thanks David,,but it says not to use with over 450HP,so you say it will still work with about 600HP,,thanks Steve
Steve,

The 1.76 gear set can be used with well over 600hp, one thng I notice about reading this they mention the 1.82 gearset now that one I wouldnt run over 450hp for sure, some get lucky with them being a dragster is so light. I've ran the 1.76 coan powerglides with 900hp bbc and no issues. I think if you were to call TCI they would tell you it must be a typo on jegs.

Our Bracket Racing Powerglides are designed specifically to give you dependable service and great performance at an economical price for the mild engine bracket racer. This bracket racing series is not recommended for applications utilizing engines with over 450 horsepower, but is an excellent choice for engines making less than that.

All 1.82 Ratio Bracket Racing Powerglides include a special reinforced stock planetary. A steel girdle is welded over the housing, which increases torque load capacity. All Shorty Bracket Racing Powerglides include a re-splined and heat-treated output shaft and shorty cover.