View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 07:03 PM
dvrracing
APPRENTICE

That would be nice if a sleeve would fix it. You may be right. It could be cracked in a cylinder below where the rings travel. All the spark plugs look great and all cylinders seem to be hitting strong. I will for sure check the cylinders. Based on the water level in the radiator I think it's below the heads. Something I forgot to mention is when I pulled the intake I had a busted lifter on the #7 intake. The lifters are Lunati high rev pop up roller lifters. After I drained the oil I ran a magnet through the drain hole in the oil pan and retrieved the the roller in several pieces and seven needle bearings. This may explain the miss it had last time at the track although the last couple of passes were the best it's ever ran. But I had made some timing and carb changes as well. The camshaft lobe looked perfect so I don't think this could have caused the problem but I'm not sure. After replacing the lifter and intake and setting the valves I put it back togrther and found I still had the same problem. So I pulled the bottom radiator hose, added oil and hooked everything up and started it for about a minute and it sounded better than it ever has. I'm so frustrated I even thought about selling it and tellin the problem of course but if I did I know I would be kicking my self in the ass afterwards.