View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I cheked out the ad. It does look like a great deal with fresh Chevy Orange paint & over-spray on the intake indicates a quick paint job. So the way I understand this is you got a basically stock SBC with chrome valve covers & a intake w/a decent carb for 2000.00? He was pretty specific aboput the internals too... such as the KB pistons, cam, former alky & gas Et's... etc... i think it is too conveinent for him (Sox) to say he got it from someone else so he could claim ignorance & make his problem yours & pick up some cash along the way. It is too bad, gives us all a bad name when these people rip off others & give LAME stories about "how they did not know" or how it was someone elses & they never took it apart or ran it. I sympathize with you... but here you will probably will hear things like: see it first in person, take off the pan before you buy, if it looks too good to be true then it is, etc... I persoanlly think amoungst each other we should be able to stand behind our word, but that is false with some of these scammers. Again, I am sorry you got a raw deal. Scooter