View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:02 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
Welcome to the world of hot rodding. If it were easy every one would have the perfect set up every time. You will have a learning curve due to the un knowns that you don't know about your own car and combination. For some of us that is the enjoyment we get out of our sport. Sorry no crystal ball to help you with
this isn't my first car;;been building my own cars for 30+ years.i do everything myself.build eng./chassis/fab work/paint /interior/nothing gets hired out.BUT i do listen to others that has already been there or has tried something and it work or didn't work..saves a lot of money and time if you can find someone that has already tried something you are fixing to try and they tell you it didn't work then you just stop from making same mistake they did so you can apporch it another way.i'm sure there is someone out there that has close to same engine/trans/car weight as me that can tell me there best combo they found for there car was this or that.being on disabilty and building a car as a hobby i can't go out there and buy 3 or 4 sets of gears and matching converters just to find the right combo.not looking for a perfect combition first time.just a good middle area to get me togeather.not racing for a living so doesn't matter if car is a few hundreds sec. slower then if i was to spend another $1500.00 for differant gears and converter then i'd be a few hundreds sec faster.i'm building a car to have fun with not to make me homeless becaus i loose a race