View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Bought some parts at Jim Greens, remember drooling over the Magnacharger they had on display. Watched Peterson race before that. Pretty cool to see the old names come back out.

I'm a member of another board, hre.com, and those guys are mostly a bunch of nostalgia nitro cars. Was chatting with a guy over there a week or so back talking about magneto parts for my junk. Turns out he was Twig Zieglers crew chief in the mid '70's.

Interesting thing, the internet. You never know who you're chatting with or what their background is. Some pretty 'Top Drawer' names lurking about RJ, too.

I'm in Federal Way and Spib is from East Wenatchee. I met him for the 1st time in Yakima this past summer. Pretty cool guy & has a little Blazer that's going to be tuff to run with once he gets it sorted out.

I've been thinking of trying to run at Shelton in '08 if they get a program together, and if I can keep my crap in one sack long enough to make more than two passes without needing a rebuild. That's an airstrip as well.

Murff