Old 06-10-2008, 06:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
I only shift at 6600 and was leaving on the converter at 6200.

Thank you all for your advice, I have a friend who has a group 1 TCI converter we are going to try in it, it stalled right at 5000 behind his 468 and I think with shifting at 6600 that should be a good start.

I can live with around 650 or so. Thats not bad for a poor ol truck driver ...lol...

I pulled the pan and everything looks great in there, A new filter and fluid never hurts though.

It is a hard tail car so no rear suspension to play around with, The car works great as far as planting the tires and going it just feels like my motorhome taking off after the initial hit.

The 4.86 gears were on the winter change list, but with the Aerospace rearend I have to buy the hi dollar gearset, so they got put on the back burner. If it would be consistent and run in the 5.40 - 5.50 range I would be very happy with that.

It hits great then gets lazy, I had 1.135 in my delay box and had a .006 first round. I was thinking converter myself so thank you all for confirming it... I am going to a 3 day race at Dragway42 with the TCI converter and i will let y'all know how it does up there...

Thank you ALL again,
Josh
Leave off a chip not the converter the motor doesnt have (i'll say) enough "ass" to get it going leaving on the converter. I think you can make the 486 gear work, see it done all the time around here. Launch it at 4400 shift it at 6600. I hope the converter stalls atleast 5500 with your motor.