View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Sam, I know it is a hard pill to swallow, but what you have "invested" is totally irrelevant to "what it is worth" to the rest of the world.
Most of us know from experience, we have over three times in our car projects and engines than we could ever get out of it, that's just the way it goes in the supply and demand market.
And, a .060 over SBC 350 are a dime a dozen, nobody wants them... you can't hardly give a 60 over SBC away. That block could/should never be bored again 'reasonably'. You don't mention any high end parts that could be salvaged out it later for another project, so it is just a run of the mill engine as far as anyone else sees it...
I agree with others on the car style itself...that is not a highly sought after car in any market... one of Chevrolet's drunken aftermath mistakes that killed the Monte legend for many years to come, so you are going to be real lucky if you even get half of what you have invested in it. Hell, we were even talking about cutting it up into a beat-m-up stock car.
Sorry, I know it is hard to acccept, but that is reality, and life is never fair...
My suggestion... finish fixing it up nice, drive it and enjoy it, as it is worth more to you than to anyone else at this point.
Jim