Thread: Swine flu...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Swine flu...

Hey Everyone,

I have been away for about a week here & trying to balance my work & kids who have the Swine Flu (6 & 7yrs). I am writing this post b/c our media is making this Swine Flu thing really an exaggeration. It is tough, but not like pneumonia. It is everywhere here... out of 280 kids in my kids school, 72 were out sick! If you or your kids suspect the Swine Flu, treat like a regular flu. They can't give a vaccination after you have had the swine flu for a couple days... but it is just a different kind of flu virus is all. People can die from this, but they can also die from the regular flu in the same way... main thing is making sure your child does not escalate to pneumonia... like other viruses. My kids will both be fine & we learned that our media is just making this out to be more than it is. People over 50 may be immune; they had a similar flu back in the day that may cause them to be tolerable. Kids: same risk as flu... common sense treatment. just FYI, if you have any questions, PM me. Scooter