View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:02 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by davis419b
I rest my case! Find me someone who is running that big of jet with a belt drive pump, you wont. The guy in question here is running a belt drive pump. If you run the right fuel system you wont need all that fuel pressure bleed off crap, just set the fuel pressure and go!!

I agree 100% with Davis

Every carb and motor setup is different but IMO try anything from 154 to 168 in that Rupert
C'mon guys. We're not talking fuel injection here we're talking carburators. The only function a fuel pump has on a carbed motor is to keep the fuel bowls full, period. It doesn't have diddley squat to do with what flows through the jets as long as the bowls are full. The bowls don't care where the fuel comes from or how it got there as long as they are full.

I don't know why it's so hard for some of you to understand that some of us, myself included, have absolutely no room up front for a fuel tank without some MAJOR modifications. If I did I'd be running a belt drive pump but I don't so the electric is the only way. But if you look at the times I have posted in my sig I don't think my car is hurting any.

George