View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
Problem with NZ is prize money is crap, sponsors are almost non existent and it costs an arm and a leg to import parts. The courier companies are making a killing. The NZ $$ is only about 56c US. Nitrous bottles cost NZ$250 each to fill. I couldn't believe it in Alabama when they said its about NZ$20 for a ten pound bottle. Sheeeeit.

The fastest doorslammer in NZ is currently a blown 55 Chev with a hemi in it. It ran 6.22 secs at about 227mph. Australian cars have now broken into the 5's and you need to run at less 6.0 to qualify.

So we don't race for the money.... its just the need for speed.

Hey BJuice. What size carbs are you running and how much spray. That thing is hauling arse for such a heavy beast. Mines only 2450 lbs. 1/8th is 4.44 @ 161mph.
a pair of 1200's. lighting 350 on the hit and 250 in the second stage about .07 out.
Best its run locally was a 4.75@153 and a 1.12 60ft. this was last Month. The Air is pretty thiick around here this time of year 90 degree's witha 100% humidity.

I have seen some of Greg Hinds stuff for sale on RJ before. He has a lot of Nice stuff. Did he still have the 63 Corvette TM built ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "