Thread: Gotta Love Ebay
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Tod, they changed it. They want the sellers committed to trying to resolve buyer problems, I guess similar to the way a business might. So they feel by not allowing sellers to leave feedback now, the seller will be more accomodating to the buyer.

What they fail to realize in their infinite lack of wisdom, is that most sellers arent a business, and that Ebay provides a convenient public forum for the buyers to voice their issues. Can you imaging if Summitt provided a seller forum on their website for buyers to see with permanent comments? Based on the thread on this site, would there be sales impact? Bet yes.

In my case, the Clown (aplogies to professional clowns everywhere), was trying to strong arm some returned dollars. There was no damage to the valve covers and I knew this-Thats why I offered a full refund.

Where this will get interesting is should Ebay's change lead to more or all buyers being considered businesses, then since Ebay reaches world wide, can sellers now be expost to legal action regularly outside their home state and not have the cases dismissed? State law is pretty insidious-I would think yes.

And if so does that make Ebay culpable and thus potentially another defendant? I hope so it would amuse me to no end to see them subject to repetitive lawsuits.

I think they are on thin ice and the spring thaw is coming.

Scorp