View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default dragster

You are going to get a LOT of different opinions on this one. I personally went to Hawley's school and got my Super Comp license there, then I bought a turnkey slipjoint dragster that was a couple years old, not beat to death, and have really enjoyed racing it. I've won my share of rounds and 4 event wins @ local tracks and have run some NHRA divisionals. I'm selling the car now because I want to have a new one built to my specs. For beginners, I think hardtail/slipjoint cars are an excellent way to gain driving experience SAFELY. Everyone's gonna scream 4-link or swing-arm is a must BUT you don't know what may have happened to a used one in it's life cycle. A friend of mine crashed a 4-link car 'cause the heim joint failed. They need to be inspected/replaced before fatigue can be a factor. Wheelbase must be considered for storage/trailering issues. Not trying to toot my own horn here but for what I consider an excellent starter car see RJ ad 1057771. I am the second owner and have logs on it since new. Another thing to worry about is how the car has been hauled - the highway wears 'em out way more than racing them. You have your pick of several hundred cars out there, good luck and happy new year! 8) JB