View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default opinion

just my 2 cents worth: why a dragster to get started with?i started out in a sb camaro that i could still drive on the street if i had to. i learned alot with that car,tracks,other racers, night verses day races etc... all will be very important to you in the near future. we then went to different but faster door cars which none of them had chassis built into them again low cost racing but i got valuable seat time as well as experience in drag racing. when you do move to a open wheel base car be ready to lose and lose often but also be ready to learn how to win! watch very carefully all the racers who you will be racing against and learn them and their cars.dragster can be expensive but in the long run they are cheaper to maintain,run, repair and it doesnt take a high dollar engine to run in the 9s the first dragster we had i pulled a 454 out of a suburban changed the cam and intake, holley carb and a dual point dist. and went 950s and did it all day! got to love them cubic inches.as stated above be sure you take a seasoned racer with you when you buy a car to make sure it will be safe to race and your getting your moneys worth and i agree with the guys have to car run with you present if possible anyway enjoy and have fun! welcome to the site!!!!! mike