View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

its more work to run alcohol than gas i will agree to that..i do not neccessarly agree with all your opinions. John but thats what opinions are for..
the extra work ( maintenance i have to do on my alcohol carb car) is well worth the benefits i get from the alcohol.....about a 3 tenth advantage on the et..and close to 3 mph increase over gas.....to have this type increase on gas..i would have to go to minimum of a 150 shot of NOS...which means i would have to place a higher gear in the car,take out converter tighten it up and change the cam to NOS cam specs..( to do it right)...and AFTER ALL THIS...you only gonna make the good power when your pulling the trigger..the car will become a SLUG on MOTOR PASSES....

not to feasible to me for a round robin racer..

i would not recommend alcohol for street use ..but i am a racer and when i go to the track and back home i expect to perform a certain level of maintenance irregardless of what type fuel the car is on...

My opinion is that if you have the carb or injection tuned right A GOOD VACCUM SYSTEM IN PLACE...and keep a close eye on the oil...you will not have CRAZY UNREAL PROBLEMS..

i do agree if you take the car on alcohol,Run the hound out of it,then take it home and let it sit with little to NO maintenance then you stand a chance it will have the locked up fuel pumps,corrosive fittings,powerded up carb bowls etc...

the newer top lube out these days really cuts down on this issues anyhow

plus i do not think you can take any real high performance race car and run it and just let it sit afterward with little to no maintenance..CAN YOU ?

my two cents here.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "