Thread: slicks
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
How the hell are you managing a 1.03 60' with that combo? Tell me your secret.
Running a 582 Profiler heads on a 9.8 deck block. Using a 33.5x16x16 M/T slick. Running a 30-36 shot in the fogger with 21 degrees of timing at .08 seconds out. Dang It went a 1.06 and stop the clocks with the rear wheels the pass before. Afco Double adjustables with 95 lb springs. car has 49% on front and 51% on back. BTE converter that flashes at 6200 rpms and flat lines till about 1 second in the run and starts its Linear curve from there. We are going to switch to a Slack converter and see if we can get in the 1.01 to 1.02. I need to get the car in a Linear Curve quicker. It is flat lining to long in the 1st gear pull. Also using a powerglide tranny. 4.56 gears. Hoping with a tighter converter we can come on up to a 36-42 in the fogger, but like I said in the NOS forums we are limeted to a 10lb bottle and 1 bottle only with 1 system. I don't want to run out of Nitous before the 1/8th mile mark. My goal is to the the car to run a 4.40 but I don't think my motor has the power to get up on the converter that I will need. Thinking about using a progressive timer to set around 5-10% when on the transbrake then come swith off of the progressive to a constant duty relay as soon as I release the button. I know I can us a little NOS on the brake but just a little