View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 11:07 PM
mike572
APPRENTICE

Default Thinking of building a 25.1E chassis

I'm looking for some opinions and experiences of chassis builders. I want to build a 25.1E legal double frame rail chome moly chassis. I wanted to buy a unwelded kit from Tim Mcamis, Jerry Bickel, Vanishing Point or someone else. I have never built a complete chassis like this but I belive I have enough fabrication skills to do it myself (given of couse of chassis is in kit form with instructions). I am a skilled TIG welder also and welding the CM tubing is no problem. I wanted to run Art Morrison's super strut package up front also. What I am shooting for is a B/Gas street car project with plenty of strength to go faster in the future, although the car would only be driven on weekends and to car shows. I would be building this in a stock 70' Challenger body (not a pro mod chopped car etc.) and I would be building this in my garage ( I'm just a normal low budget guy haha)

So I have a couple questions maybe some of you pros would be kind enough to help me out with. Who makes the best/easiest unwelded kits? Does a Chrome Moly chassis have to be stress relived? How hard is is to run struts on a seldomly driven street car? Would you talk me into building it or out if it? Any tips?

Thanks ahead of time,
Michael