View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

1- I would buy a turn key car and make the seller test it in your presence.
as spib says get with someone who knows their cars and take them with you...i am sorry to say this but an experienced racer can spot a newbie to the sport a mile away..but the difference between an experienced racer and an experienced racer that is shady is that the later will take advantage of your lack of experience and hammer you..it will take the form of selling you something that he claims it is and it will not be..or you may go see a car run but when you go back to pick it up its got a junk pair of heads and a cheaper crank in it or a differnt motor all together...this is common practice amoung the theifs out here and if your not careful you will get your a$$ ripped apart....please, PLEASE be careful here..

2- yes there is some financing available check around..i see some of this advertised on speed vision every now and then.

3- yes there is drag insurance you can purchase. the current approx premimums is $100 per 10k....i have some contact numbers for you when you get this far down the road.

i personally feel if you graduate HAWLEYS driving school you will be ok to drive your rail (dragtser) in the 8.0 range no problem...the experience factor you will suffer in will be in your motor tuneups, chassis sets ups and learning the proper dial in etc...i would say after a year of being put out the 1st round you will also learn this part out for yourself...LOL...

for the record:
ASHLEY FORCE graduated from HAWLEYS driving school..if her dad John Force thought this was a good idea for her then it must be a beneficial thing.

i personally went thru the BUCK BAKER round track driving school at Darlington Motor speedway "LADY IN BLACK"...it was a great help..they "NEXTAL CUP" discovered Ryan Newman in this same school.

you can probably learn some things in a short amount of time such as adjusting valves, timing etc.....but the other things is gonna take you a while...just the facts as i know it...

i can assure you that if you hang around here long enough you will learn a few things...i would suggest that you start with the chasiss /suspension and go to the 4 link set up and print that thread (16 pages)..just read over it and do not try to absorb it cause you WILL NOT..but it will get you familer with the 4 link theory and the lingo used.....get your self a 3 ring binder and start printing off some of these tech tips that you can refer back to when you have a problem..
good luck to you.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "