Thread: Roadsters
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Tanner back a few years i owned a 23 T ALTERED. warren brogie chrome moly chassis hard tail with a 9 inch floater rear..it had a 19 inch cage and was very tight with me in it..almost uncomfortable..
i have a super glide tranny with push button air shiffter..( i strongly recommend this) its not fun trying to bump into high gear between your legs...and trust me if you have one of these bad boys that will really turn it on you will want both hands on the wheel at all times...

i had a 572 alcohol blown injected motor ..14-71 mert littlefield blower,pro-mag 12 magneto. bb2 brodix heads. dart big m block,sonny bryant crank, GRP aluminum RODS....the motor made right at 1600 hp at the mid level tune up and would bump upper 1800hp at 25 lbs of boost..

17x33 beadlocks...the car was down right SCARY...you did not drive it you pointed it..it would drift and you better know when to lift.....

this type of car you had to drive 200 ft ahead..what i mean by this is you must stare down the track approx 200 ft and use your perefferll vision for the rest ..cause by the time you air shifted into high gear you have done traveled down the track that 200 ft.....if you did not drive ahread of yourself you were in trouble..

the car was capable of some high 3.80 low 3.90 1/8 mile passes..the best ET it ran was a low 4.30 at 165 mph and this was hazing the tires.. 'I DID NOT RUN THESE ET'S IN THIS CAR..SEAN MCDONALD OUT OF ATLANTA GA RAN THESE ET'S...

i personally DO NOT recomment this car for any un-experieneced driver ( not saying you are)..and i personally will not ever own another one...

you can put a crate motor in this light (sob's) and they will run..cause they are so light...

good luck to you....my advise to you is stick with a door car...( my opinion only)..ohh by the way i sold this car to a man out of witchita kansas..he has never driven a drag car in his life ( only drag boats)..i gave him the launch and shut down prodcedure in my drive way..i ask him did he have his life insurance policy up to date..he thought i was kidding but when i did not smile he and his wife knew i was serious..i looked both of them in the eye and told them this was no toy and it WOULD KILL YOU and did they understand what they were buying......
they loaded it up and off they went..its been 2 years ago and i have never heard from him...

i will try to find some pics of this car and post them..i had them on here a few years back..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "