View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by jreiley
I had no intention of running a bypass line until the tec inspectors at our local NHRA track told me it was highly reccomended.
If the info came from your competition, that would explain there recommendation. That is a real bad technical recommendation! There is not a reason to use a bypass on a holley blue unless you want to starve your engine for fuel and that is really the facts of the matter. Tec inspectors at your track are only there to enforce rules for safety. Sounds like you have a "REAL SHARP" tec inspector, if you know what I mean. There is no safety advantage nor any positive performance advantage's to running a bypass regulator with your holley blue and especially not a safety advantage running your engine lean!!
I use a set pressure using a blocking regulator at a touch under 7 PSI for most all applications. Off road will like lower pressure, maybe 5.5 to 6 PSI to prevent flooding in hill climbing sports etc.
The use of By pass regulators should only be used with belt driven pumps and some front mounted fuel systems that have huge capacity Weldon type pumps.
Bruce