View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:19 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Wassup Charlie,how you been. Got no good excuse. Mixture of too many friends needing favors,woman wants to go out,car needs work and I need to make a dollar.What you gonna do? How it's been Earl? The mighty Fiat sure does look good! When you gonna let me make a pass in the little booger?! :lol: Hey,I found my problem. Noticed the passenger side exhaust sounded funny,like a burnt valve. So I decided to run a compression test again. I had done one already and had 200 psi on every cylinder...except the #6 cylinder. The way the a/c compressor mounts and that header tube hooks around,it is impossible to get at without removing stuff. So I jerked the compressor and header off and guess what? Yep,plum dead. Seems the stud went into that cylinder,bounced around,boogered up the piston,bent the valve,decided it hadn't had enough fun, and moved to the OTHER side of the motor to lodge it self in the #7 intake valve. #7 is fine.Gonna have to weld up on my head and have a new valve,seat and guide put in,but the piston seems fine. Just superficial dents and scratches. It's got hyper pictons,so I don't think it would have cracked it. What do ya'll think? Weird though,when the valve bent and it went to close,it just pulled the guide up with it! That ticking noise I was telling ya'll about was the retainer smacking the guide! :lol: :lol: I think I can reuse the valve seal though :shock: