Thread: nitrious
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotrod1994
its all good curtisreed, im on my way of learning how to do it all now, thanks
you are right!! we need all the blood we can get its hard to find kids my age that are into old school power now there all hopped up on the rice rockets and laptops

well pops was 19/20 and he was born 1955 so late 70's it was a 402 bbc 13.5:1 (ive got one of the spare pistons he had hanging on the wall) rectangular port heads not sure of the cam he ram a tunnel ram with 2 660 center squirters m22 and a 12 bolt with 5:13's out back he never lost on the street 10.55 was his best time at 128 mph at the track he might still have the time slip ill have to ask him
That's a BAD machine in the 70's for sure...I like it...

Start with removing the crash bars in the doors and front bumper..tubular cross member kit is a must for the year car you have. not only does it save weight but will also allow a full length oil pan and larger primary headers... Now remember when you get to trimming that pig down understand where you need to lose the weight from jump street...start with doors forward. they have a heavy back glass but don't be so quick to yank that out until all other is shaved down .It's where you want the weight if you have it. I owned a 87 that was built by k-town performance as a promo car for Comp cams..it ran 5.0's at 137mph with a 615ci with a ton of spray. With a 406ci SBC 590HP 550TQ it ran best 6.35 @ 111 mph hitting it hard on the brake ( no nitrous ). I wanted to show you the et difference on the two types engines...this is why I have pointed you to be creative in lightening her up.. once you get her slimmed down then work on getting all you can from your power plant. 8)

I would think most here would agree.. just to let you know although I own a 10.5 Outlaw car...My heart is and has always been with the un-cut street cars. The older I get the more I go back...I currently have a real 73 z 28 Camaro with 6 speed..I would say if I can get it to hook decent and get thru 3rd gear it might be a 7.70-7.80 car..its got s 3.08 gear...also have a 69 Camaro x-11car...4 speed its a 7.20 et car..I have posted this # in the 69..

both cars un-molested and they have NOT been placed on any kind of diet..but understand I am not looking to reach any low et's in either car.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "