Old 09-29-2007, 10:06 AM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
You don't need to make any changes until you pass the smog test, then you can make any changes you want to, for the next yr. that you want/have to pass the smog test. No cop on the street is going to test your car to see if it passes the smog test. Do your test then make the changes,

JMO

Zip.
I thank you guys for any info I can get.I was just watching the news.Another air quality issue in Calif.The state has started a program.These will be road side teams parked on streets and freeway on ramps with detectors for emissions and cameras to get your plate number.You have no choice but to drive through the detectors the way they are set up on the road.The detectors will monitor your emissions.If your car will not pass smog .You will not get pulled over.You will receive a letter in the mail from DMV.Stateing that the car must be repaired.The state will give you up to $500.00 if you qualify to fix the car.Or the state will give you up to $2,000.00 to junk the vehicle.Roller rockers,upgrade ignition then I'm done on this project.Too many restrictions here in Calif.Thanks