Thread: Muncie Question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Muncie Question

fellas-

Need some ideas.

Built an M21 "010" case Muncie for a guy, 10 spline coarse in front and 27 spline at the tail. Complete kit, and reverse gear and idler. bench tested and worked through all four gears- box was smooth and the slides would slide into gear by hand and stay.

Delivered it and ran through the gears on the bench and shifted smooth. Just a sweet box.

Did this for a friend.

Tonite he calls me and says he put it in and it wont go into any gear. WTF? I asked him if he had the shift linkage in the Comp plus adjusted right- claims he set it up on the bench and it shifted fine with the Comp plus- he pulled the c clips and put it in and now it wont go.

Claims he can kinda get first with the clutch adjusted all the way in.

I have been building boxes on the side for a while and this is the first one to come back- I told him to check the linkage again and hes thinking its inside the box.

It has new gaskets, front and rear bearings, thrust washers, needle bearings, blocking rings and everything was cleaned by hand- it was a spotless tight build.

Any ideas from a Muncie Guru? I dont want to pull it totally apart aagain for him and have him have the same problem- hurts business.

BTW I did it for cost of parts.

Thanks Scorp