View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 08:55 PM
sshannon024
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for all the replys everyone.

I talked to the shop yesterday, and I decided to go with the 487's for now. They have been worked on quite a bit, and from what I have been told the only thing that hasn't been done is there not ported out to the max. I also asked about upgrading the cam to the Lunati vodoo, or even another one and they really advise me not to. The reasons they gave me were 1- going to loose vacum for the power brakes, and 2- that I would need a bigger stall converter and would loose quite a bit of low end torque. The drag track that we will mostly be racing at is only a 300 foot track which they say loosing torque on the low end would affect out times.

Cepx111When you guys have suggested a bigger cam, which would you reccomend? I can still change the cam if need be, and they will just have to understand that its my decision and not theres. With so many ppl suggesting a bigger cam, it seems like you guys know more about it and the cams have worked just fine for you this way.

Like I said before Im just learning all this, and it seems like I stay confused all the time,lol.