Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

A good starting point is to set the throttle blades at .002, set the leak down between 24%and 28%. With a 0-1/2 pump it should run with .085/.105 pill.
I suspect the barrel valve is set to way too much leakdown and at WOT you're going over center with that high of exhaust temp. It should run 1250/1350 at WOT under load.
One thing you didn't say are you running gas or alcohol? If you're running gas set the leakdown at 1/2 of what you would set it with alcohol.
I run both rons stuff and Hilborn, but all on alcohol. But i built a B/BLk that going to run gas with a hilborn stacks injection. It has been so long since i've ran gas i had to call Hilborn to find out what to set the leakdown to.
On the starting problem, turn off the swith and close the fuel shutoff at the same time that way the fuel doesn't drain back down from the injection. on my toilet bowl car it starts like a carb, but it is a little hard to start after it sets a week, but by the time the oil pressure comes up it's ready to start. I normally crank it with the swith off until oil pressure is up then flip the swith.
JMO

Zip.