Thread: Japan
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

X-TOO,

I like your comments Outlaw... does not mean everyone will agree though. I like that you are still passionate about stuff!!! Keep on keepin on!!

I lived in Japan for 2.5 years (1982-1984ish). Yokosuka- Navy brat. I lived off base for awhile & got to know the people well. I learned they ARE NOT to be confused with Chinese, Vietnamese, Philippine folks, etc... they like to be recognized for who they are exactly (not that they are prejudiced). Here is what I liked: we did not need to lock our doors/house, stuff did not get ripped off, we could be safe just about anywhere when I was there. Here is what was VERY interesting...

Moved on base later, had to lock car doors, had my BMX bike ripped off, got into some fights, etc.... I missed living off the base more. People in Japan have a great deal of honor & treat each other with respect. They are very disciplined & smart. They will survive this. Personally, if it is manufactured in Japan, I look at it as quality... not the same as China, Indonesia, Taiwan, etc... I not know about those places much.

We have ourselves to blame for the manufacturing NOT done in the USA. Believe me, I know how hard it has become to manufacture product here. (I work for a USA manufacturer) I am one of the few that gets to sell product to people in other countries.... such as Japan. Our bows are all made here in Oregon (Bowtech) & sent all over the world.

Anyways, I wish we would get back into more USA made things, but our politics & government has made that very hard with excise tax, taxes in general, pollution concerns, etc... Scooter