Thread: FLAT SPOT
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Olds, as you can probably guess... I am still learning. This is the most built eng i have ever had... all the rest were SBC & mild, w/ no solid cam. So, I did not need to do much on them. This is a 454 w/ a 396 ss crank (427) all roller solid Luatti, 12.5 pistons (but much port & polish on heads making about 10.2 comp) cast iron heads (angle plug) w/ bigger valves, quick fuel 950hp on a team G, flowing from hooker super comps. I did not build it- so specs on some things are unknown. Its all MSD 6al, sumped tank w/ all 10 & 8an tank to carb. It was all drag car when i got it, but i have brought back to the street some. It's 69 Camaro... 6pt cage, all autometer guages, with a stock dash. Still has racing harnesses. I think it is about the most impractical car I have ever owned... but when I am on the street, I have not ran into anyone that could give it a run!!! Still has 488's in a Dana60. It still has the cutoff switch on the back even. Damn it's fun!! I work on it more than I will ever drive it though. Anyways, I want to take to the track this year & see if it will go 11's... if I can get this carb right. Anyways, your tips are always apprecaited.... you helped me set the valves right (first solid lifter adj i have done). What is the disavantage of blocking the primary PV if I am on the street?