Thread: Dish Network
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

Let me explain why I switched from DISH to Direct. I started with DISH in 1998 after years of using c-band. They seemed to have kept their prices increases to a minimum for quite a few years. But then, they started bumping the prices up and dropping channels and adding crap programing. It always bothered me to that new subscribers were getting good deals and the folks that have been with them for a long while didn't any breaks. After the last notice of a price increase, I contacted Direct TV to come and install one of their systems. I called DISH to cancel and they asked why. I explained why and they said nothing. A short time later someone from DISH called and asked why I was dropping them. Again, I explained and they said they'd give me free HBO and Showtime for a year. I said no thanks. The following day they called back and said they'd take $15 off my bill for 2 years if I would stay with them. I said why didn't you offer me that when I first called ? They gave some kind of lame excuse and actually hung up on me. THAT sealed it right there. So now I have Direct TV and just last year the phone company we're with has package deals. So if Direct TV starts their crap, I'll switch. Showing loyalty to a company doesn't mean crap anymore.