Old 09-26-2009, 09:31 AM
kryogenic
APPRENTICE

Default Whos the maker of the BLOCK?

Folks im going to respond to Bruce/TopsdpeedLowet's questions accusations first:

1) I never said it was in my posession, so where you got that from I have no idea.
2) I surf RacingJunk for parts to purchase for my hotrods 99.9 percent of the time. I dont really care for reading forums much so I dont have that many posts. Since you apparently think you are "Smart" enough to assume because of my lack of posts im a theif, you might want to look how long I have been a member of racingjunk. I have purchased quite a lot of items from folks on here, and im sure they could vouch for me.
3) I havent bothered to set up my profile specifics because like I said before, I dont read forums much. I'm not even sure where the option is...
4) The backstory of the engine should have nothing to do with being able to identify what kind of engine it is, but since you think that will bring the answers to light ill be happy to give the little bit of history I know about it.

A few months ago I was at a car show and saw this engine for sale in the back of a guys trailer. He goes to tons of swapmeets and sells primarily mopar stuff, but more restoration parts vs. raceparts. The engine had some documentation attached to it. In documentation it stated that the engine was a TFX block. I did some research on the web about TFX blocks and could find none similar. I called around to several of the big engine makers including AJPE and emailed them the picture since they now own TFX and they are not familiar with this engine.

So, my main question was what kind of BLOCK is this? I know its Mopar, thats why I said in the title its a Hemi. The gear drive reads "Keith Black" but thats just the gear drive and has nothing to do with the engine maker.

I am considering getting into the Topsportman / Blown Alcohol side instead of the drag racing im currently doing. If this was a good deal, it could have been my ticket to get my foot in the door. However, I did not want to invest into an engine I couldnt get any replacement parts for, hence, why im trying to track down what kind of engine it is...

The point of me posting on here is because I was hoping an old school alcohol/top fuel guy might see this pictures and say, "oh yeah thats a..." and then I could do some research on it.

In short Bruce, if you dont know what kind of engine block this is or know someone that does, dont bother posting on this question and keep your rediculas assumptions to yourself.

If anyone knows someone who might know who the maker of this engine block is, I would appreciate and answer.

Thank you