View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: sbc alum heads

Originally Posted by mep
I had a set of both Pro Com alum heads and still have a set of 180/68cc AFR street heads. There is no comparison in the quality, but AFR's are going for almost 1500 new. The people who bought the Pro Comp heads (still on engine) are happy with them but they are not die hard top level racers. On a street motor the Pro Comps should work ok but will not flow even close the name brand heads out of the box. JMO Zip and Hink, what do you think? Mep
I'm a ProComp dealer and have sold several sets of their heads with no issues to date. If i had the money to spend i would build a complete 496" B/BLK, useing all procomp parts for less than $4,000.00 and i would bet money that it would run in the 9's in my Malibu at 3250 lbs.. Do i sell procomp parts on RJ, or do i advertise them no. WHY :?: because everyone on here bad mouths their parts without first hand knowledge or have not used them and i for one donot want to try to change their mind. I would suggest you stick with what you feel comfortable with, no matter who's brand you choose.

JMO

Zip.