Thread: Scammers?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Scammers?

So I surf the RJ pages a lot looking for things within a 200 mile radius of my home. I keep hitting these 4 different people that run the same "vague" ads out of the Chicago area. Most of the time its a Camaro, theres always a fuzzy picture of a car that looks like it was shot with a cell phone at a car show, the ads almost always say the car is tubbed but you can tell by the pic its not, the price is usually some outragious number or ridiculously cheap, I have sent emails within an hour of a new listing asking if I can see the car and either never get a response or get one back saying a deposit has already been made. Here are the 4 users and their ad numbers.

mullerracing
ad#1897641

pat123
ad#1894854

malz28
ad #1894552

zbreed
ad #1881145

Now all of these guys have had their accounts for awhile and this isnt something I have just stumbled on. I have been watching them for well over a year. I dont get how the scam works unless they are hoping for replies from someone way far away? If you guys are bored hit them up with questions on the ads and see if you get any response...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...