View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys, I run a machine shop and do all the programming for the cnc's, some design work, production supervisor, janitor, head dog washer, etc.... Why have cnc machines if you can't make racecar parts, you know.

Juice, I've done the make and sell route. Honestly I ended up working 7 days a week on that stuff and holding down my regular job. I've never had trouble selling anything I've made but my wife was forgetting who I was. I miss the money but I missed her more. I was making sheet metal valve covers for SBC, BBC, fuel cells and aluminum fuel tanks for Yamaha Banshee 4 wheelers. Some of the tanks were sent to Saudi Arabia. I also did racecar wiring. Now I just make things for myself and some close friends. I made some shogun style breathers, sold a set to Charles (cepx111 on here), some mounts for Shogun style alternators, which are the same thing used on some Kubota tractors.

I just like the challenge of making something myself instead of buying it. That's why it always takes me longer to get to the track than other people.

Curtis