View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 AM
monzaz
SHOW GUEST

Default 12 bolt 67 chevelle

And exaclty what are your intentions of the car? ALL drag race or is this a car that will hit the track once a month and is truely a pro street car that does monster burn outs?

If you are Drag racing what equipment does this car have as far as suspension and tranmission goodies etc.

Lets get you some good info here not guesses.

This rear is already c-clip eliminated so the worth is already partial gone. It has been modified and can never go back to Original condition.

You have a very good start with the pieces you have in it. As long as the builder has set it up for the conditions you intend on using it for I do not see any trouble. Again I will state suspenion plays a large roll in keeping any rear alive. Tire shake and pinion angle etc. put undo pressure and strains on the internal parts of the rear.

I would say get some aftermarket caps support cover weld them axle tubes to the center section and if you have stock susupension chevelle you better upgrade to at the very least poly bushings and some type of no hop or geometry changing suspension control arms.

Need some more info on the car again too. Any aftermarket rear diff will be made beefier with larger and thicker tubes and castings....So if you have money then I would spend it ...sounds like you have the money cause that motor I am sure ain't cheap.

I can get you deals on Moser stuff if you need help there. Jim