View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 09:21 PM
dvrracing
APPRENTICE

Never had a problem before. Had not ran the car in a a few years but started it regularly. Always ran pure water and water wetter at the track and then drained it and put antifreeze in before winter and circulated it with the electric water pump. After changing the intake gaskets and still had water going in the oil pan I looked through the heads with a good light for water in the camshaft area but there wasn't any. If a head gasket was leaking or a head was cracked I would think it would have to be leaking into the camshaft area. I have to wonder if there was an area in the block that held water and wasn't displaced with the antifreeze and then busted the block somewhere around the cylinders. Water will run into the oil pan as fast as I can pour it in the radiator. I work out of town a lot and we may have gotten a freeze before I put antifreeze in it. Last time I had it at the track everything was fine. Something happened since then. As bad as the leak is I think there is a good chance of the block being busted. I was just hoping to find a way to keep racing without having to build another motor. I may go ahead and pull the heads and check them including the things you mentioned. I just have a bad feeling about not finding anything in the head area as bad as its leaking. I've never tore down an engine that sounds so good. I really appreciate your response.