View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
RAPPTOR23
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default BRAKE

I HAVE A NEW BTE GLIDE. TRANS BRAKE SEEMS SLOW. ALSO WHEN I PUT IT IN NUETRAL AFTER RUN ,IT TAKES ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO COAST.. NORMAL??

The reason I suggest Marco is for the info he has on hand and what he can test. Marco's trans dyno measures pressures and I am almost positive can capture the reaction speed of the brake making sure that the fastest brake can go into the application. Not many builders have this to offer. It is just slap them together and ship them out.[/quote]

You are absolutly right, i don't know of any trans builders that have a trans dyno, maybe Abruzzi has played with these valves to get them to release quicker, i'm familar with BTE,TCI and they surly just slap them together. I personly have 2 trans with TSR electic shift valve bodies, and they won't leave on a 4.0 tree, maybe 4.40, with the 1.76 low gear, i haven't tried the trans with 1.80 straight cuts yet. i can't afford one of Marco's trans, but i do know he's top of the line. PTC (Kenny Ford) is a personal friend but i don't have one of his trans, but i do use his converters.

Zip.[/quote]