View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks guys for the help, But I am alittle confused.

I have been reading on the Hilborn site a bit. From what I have read and what I plan to do with the truck I was thinking of EFI. Zipper why do you say that even a EFI Hat will be no good on the street. I know right now that the carbs are the easy way, but as soon as I get into any articulation the carbs don't like it a bit. Flat they are great, and have been thinking alky to help make sure the engine stays cool.
So what is going to be so difficult about installing a Hilborn EFI system, also I have had the truck on a chassis dyno and it made 338hp, and 378 Torque, at 5000 rpm with 10lbs boost.
I am not trying to be difficult here I just want to understand. I thought that Injection would get rid of the hard cold starts and make it better for on the trails and in the MUD. Keeping water and mud out the system is a givin and understand that will be a pain. But other than that could you explain more please. Thanks for all of your help.

Foot note: Just so there is no confusion, I am supporting our troops as a Contract. I am no longer enlisted myself. I am very thankful for all our service members and their sacrifies. Thanks to all of them.