View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 08:55 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Cheyfireball. your right and that makes a lot of difference between flywheel and rear wheel H/P. Thanks-Andy

dParker Thank you. and you are saying the same thing that a Man at the track told me. go with a 4.88 But I didnt want to sound stupid so I didnt ask [why go with a higher gear for 1/8 mile only] now this is where I get lost. and Now I'm gonna ask . would the 1/8 be like the 1/4 I've read where you want your trap RPM to be around 5% more than your engines highest H/P rpm I don't have my dyno sheet in front of me but lets say it is 665 h/p @ 6500 rpm . should I go through at 6800 to 7000. I'm shifting @ 7000 now. and when it shifts wow that thing just rockets down the track. I'm only going to be running 1/8 mile. this was a thought that I had. can you set up this car to run a better 1/4 mile time by putting in a 4.88 and @ the same time it will be quicker in the 1/8. Rather than just gearing it for the 1/8 only. set me straight here because I need to Learn these kinds of things. I'm 54 years old and youd think Id done learnt this but here I am. Thanks to all yall I might learn something- Andy Byrd