View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 01:23 PM
kwillymac
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by kwillymac
The 60' was 1.58. Pretty bad for this combo. That was launching off the foot brake at around 2,500. Just taking it easy.

well that is part of your problem here.....if you get the car to leave hard and hook..lets get say 1.38 60 ft...this is 2/10th's quicker 60 ft.....which normaly means you will make another 3/10th's on the big end..meaning a full 1/2 second off your pass...now your looking at 10.20 1/4 mile passes..

i do not care who you are unless you got a super freaking power making rat monster for a motor..you gotta get the car out of the hole...

you never see any classes like 10.5, super street,PRO-STOCK. or any FAST weekend warrior just wanting to run fast as he can..running 1.60 60ft......no... you see anywhere from 0.9 thru 1.14.......you got to wake that pig up and kick her in the butt if you really want a good ET..

When is the last time you went to a PRO-STOCK, or a 10.5 practice round and watch them leave hard and kill it 1/2 track and still run a 5.30 et 1/8 or a 8.90 et 1/4 and coast thru the lights...thats what leaving hard will do for you..

i personally see nothing wrong here but the drivers foot...and to give proper infot the car is a little bit on the heavy side too...

theats the more reason the driver has got to bring it up to leaving harder..IF you want a better ET..

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT HAPPEN FOR YOU !

my opinion only of course

Brian
I understand the short time sucks... This is something that will be worked on. Couldn't use the tranny brake because it would spin. I guess I didn't think the MPH matched the rpm,gear, and tire size. Thanks.