View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
kikgas01
APPRENTICE

Default WARNING ABOUT EAGLE CRANKS!

After only 150 miles mine started to hammer. Good thing I shut it off when I did!
My engine was brand new 440 stroked to a 500 with a EAGLE rotating assembly.......

Here is their response to me. They think it was broke prior to installation. They are calling their product JUNK!...........

That is a strange place for a crack to happen. Usually, cracks will originate in corners or other stress-concentration points. Heat-related fatigue due to improper oiling will not be a single crack. It will look more like a spider web around the entire journal. That could possibly have been there prior to installation. Was the crank turned or modified prior to installation? If you had noticed that before installation, we could have replaced it easily.

Also, if you wanted an 8-bolt flange, why didn't you order it with an 8-bolt flange (part number 444241506760)?

We have never had oiling issues with our Chrysler cranks before, so I do not believe it is a design problem.

Here is my 2 emails back to them.
email 1...
Of course it wasn`t that way prior to install. Why,should your crankshafts be broken prior to install? it was a BRAND NEW crank with 150 miles on it. Luckily I shut it off when it started to hammer or it would have ruined my entire engine.. I got by with a 3,700 dollar repair bill instead of having to buy another brand new 440 stroked to a 500.
email 2.....
I know another person who races 440`s and shelled 2 of them with Eagle cranks and guess what? It`s between 1 and 2 crank journal! Just like mine but over a little farther. If you don`t want to hear my concern that is fine. I have posted my problem on several websites with pics of it and can post the previous email about it possibly having a crack prior to installation if you want? I just wanted you to be aware of the problem and thought maybe I could be a asset to you, your company and your product just by checking your product against other products and comparing them so you could get a better product for the public but I don`t think you are interested. Thanks for responding anyway.
ALL I CAN DO IS WARN EVERYONE TO CHECK THEIR CRANKS FOR A CRACK BETWEEN 1 AND AND 2 JOURNAL ON THE CRANKSHAFTS!!!!