View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 PM
robsbird
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: to all track owners

[quote=slowmotion]
Originally Posted by robsbird
Originally Posted by slowmotion
Originally Posted by "robsbird 8) you don't need a tear down, just a cc tube. It not hard to tech a class when the number of rules are limited. nhra safety rules would applied. first you will need 3 catigories ( 3 catigories to cover all the existing cars) catigory # 1 rail and roadsters , catigory # 2 tube chassis car, catigory #3 modified stock chassis ( factory frame rails,firewalls ,floors )[/quote

If you go by NHRA Super Gas rules, Roadsters would be category #2.
Since they are left hand steer. Altereds like mine would be category #1 since they are center sitting.
:?: well you could have the roadsters and altereds in the same classes or :idea: in the catigory 2
If you're making the rules, you can do whatever you want. But I think NHRA's reasoning is that an altered is just a funny looking dragster. A roadster is a tube chassis race car that had the roof cut off. I've seen classes that don't allow open-cockpit cars no matter what configuration.

BTW you're way our of my league with this kind of racing anyway. With the wrong converter in the car I ran 6.27 @107 in the 1/8.
Had the converter tightened up 1000 rpm. we'll see what it runs this spring.
I would go by the nhra thinking just modify some btw what does you car weigh. plus there are lots of cars in my catigory that are faster.I think my car is a underachiever.