View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 11:11 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: reply

Originally Posted by elkymann
I have been reading this thread and well, I gotta tell you all(which many of you already know) it's all about flowwwwwww! What works on one, may not work on another!

My cyl. head guy, did a Team G oval port for me for my 454 stock bore big block, 12:5:1 comp. and a mild .600 lift cam and I ended up at the end with a Proform 950 on it, and it pulled to 7200 rpm's just like my head guy said it would after he worked the intake a little.

Now, I have a 505" big block with an Edelbrock Super Victor tall deck intake and an 1150 dom, and it runs up to 8000 rpms and loves it, now, here is a kicker to all this, I call the guys at Sniper about the Sniper Jr intake for 468-525?" engines vs my Edelbrock intake and he says"You have an Edelbrock Super Victor on that engine?" I said yes and how would it compare to a Sniper Jr? he said not sure, they never did a comparison with these two intakes, but he mentioned that, (IT MIGHT GIVE YOU SOME MORE LOW TO MIDRANGE TORQUE,NOT SURE) well, talking to my cyl head guy the other day about all this and he says, you should have gotten a Team G intake!!!! :shock: Ok, now I run a series with the NMCA and Edelbrock is an big sponsor of this series, and they pay contengency too so I went with the Edelbrock intake, and my head guys still says, you shoulda got a Team G? So, in my opinion, either you guys are getting bad info, or my guy is full of $hit, but, he can make more power with nothing compared to some of these guys out there, Honest! my cly head guy really knows what works.

Now my 505 isn't that far off of a 496, just a different rod length compared to most with 6.800 Eagle Hbeams, and my 505 is an oversized 427 Tall deck, that's how I get the 6.800 long rod and the rod ratio is darn near the same as a 427. So, what have I learned here and from MY cyl head guy? I shoulda got a Team G because HE knows how to work the flow in it that's why.

I'm not saying any of you guys are wrong, or have bad info, not my gig on here, but when something works, stick with it, or try every part you can, to find the best result for your combo, that's all you can do beside's hearsay...

If I did a study on MY engine alone, with 4-6 different intakes, obviously I would get different results, but, those same results would be different on your engine as well if used on your stuff! So all I am saying is, what works on one engine, may not work well on another, but then again it could pickup a bunch due to the design of the combo it's on...

I wish I could afford to do R & D on this stuff as I could make a killing as a consultant I want to try a Sniper Jr. too but it cost so much!!! :cry:
but if it could drop some et for me I will be all over it. Just my input guys and my opinions, we are all on here to tell our stories and learn, and this is a small part of what (I) have learned, good stuff on here too, keep up the good work to all of you and good luck this year

Eklyman
John
On a mission for 8's
John,
I will Offer you the Same Deal?If you want to give this Ported Team-G a try?Its Here.
If I'm NOT mistaked we have done some deals a time or 2?
Later
G 8)